Returns & Repairs terms and conditions
PhoneFast Returns & Repairs terms and conditions
- A quote rejection fee will be charged and or assessment fee on BER devices of R300
- While every attempt will be made to save the information on the customer’s phone, it may be lost in the repair process. It is thus advisable to back up all information prior to sending it in for repairs as PhoneFast and its repair centre will not be held liable for any lost information or media.
- In the case of a REPAIR or an OBF the complete box and all accessories must be returned to PhoneFast together with the handset and repairs book-in form.
- Depending on the nature of the repair a turn-a-round time of between 7-14 working days will apply to all repairs and OBF replacements unless otherwise agreed upon with the service consultant at PhoneFast. If additional parts or spares are needed for the repair the repair process could take up to 21 working days to complete.
- Incomplete details on the repairs book-in form could result in the request being declined and might cause unnecessary delays for which PhoneFast will not be held liable for.
- If you are bringing in an apple device, please ensure that the device is removed from the ‘find my phone’ app as this delays the repair process. If you are unsure of the deactivation process, please ask your consultant to assist and to supply you with the process details.
Out of box (OBF) failure criteria: Objective:
To define and standardise PhoneFast’s ‘Out of Box Failure (OBF)’ process and criteria:
- An OBF is defined as a new handset that is faulty when first activated. Criteria to qualify as a valid OBF:
- The handset must have been supplied by PhoneFast.
- The handset must be returned to the point of sale within 7 days from the date of purchase.
- A valid Proof of Purchase must accompany the handset – the invoice will be needed as proof of purchase.
- The handset, together with the full contents of the box (i.e.: handset, original battery, charger, antenna, manual and any other accessories that was included at point of sale), must be returned – in the same condition as when it was purchased – with the packaging intact (i.e.: the box must not be damaged).
- The IMEI number on the box must correspond to the IMEI number on the handset.
- There must be no physical damage to the handset or its accessories (i.e.: scratched/cracked screen or dents/marks on the body of the handset) and no sign of neglect due to physical abuse or liquid damage.
- If feedback on the status of the OBF review has not been received please contact the reverse logistics team 087 405 6996 or email email@example.com to confirm that the handset qualifies as an OBF.
- Verify that the handset was purchased in the last 7 days – the invoice will be needed as proof of purchase.
- The handset together with the full contents of the box, as mentioned above must be in the same condition as when purchased.
- A fault description must be submitted on the repairs book-in form by the consultant.
- The unit will then be tested, and the results issued by PhoneFast.
- The OBF may be rejected by PhoneFast If the logged fault cannot be detected by the repair centre
- If the fault can be replicated a credit note will be issued.
- The OBF will either be APPROVED or REJECTED: If approved a credit note will be issued. If rejected (i.e. if no fault with the unit was found) we will send the unit back to the store as is. The following is covered within the Warranty period. (Please refer to your Proof of Purchase to determine your warranty period). Please note this is provided there is no physical damage to any of the below:
- Software: Related to manufacturing fault.
- Audio malfunctions: Reworking/replacement of any audio part or component (i.e.: speakers, mic, buzzer, IC, Diaphragms, gaskets, flex etc.).
- Keypad malfunctions Reworking/replacement of keypad functionality related components or parts (i.e.: filter, dome-sheets, connectors, flex etc.).
- Charging malfunctions: Rewiring/replacement of any part or component of the charging unit (i.e.: diodes, IC, DC jack, pins etc.).
- LCD malfunctions: Reworking/replacement of unbroken LCD and related components and parts (i.e.: filters, connectors etc.).
- Camera malfunctions: Reworking/replacement of camera or related components (i.e.: flashlights, IC, connectors, flex etc.).
- Power on/off malfunctions: Reworking/replacement of any power related parts or components (i.e.: tact switches, battery contacts, LCD filters, PA, CPU, flash etc.).
- Volume control malfunctions: Reworking/replacement of any volume control parts or components (i.e.: volume buttons, tact switches, flex, conductors etc.).
The following is not covered by the warranty:
- Liquid damage.
- Power surge (due to a power cut and the power coming back on).
- Security code.
- Factory reset done by client (As there is a chance this could be done incorrectly).
Note: If PhoneFast needs to do a factory reset on the unit in order to clear passwords there will be a handling charge.
- Any damage because of previous repair before an authorized repair centre was appointed.
- Any handset not purchased from PhoneFast.
- Physical damaged accessories.
- Wear and tear.
- The customer needs to complete the Return & Repairs Book in form manually or on our website.
- Valid proof of purchase (Invoice with IMEI No.) must be attached.
- Proof of purchase (Invoice) must state end users’ details
(i.e.: Make and model of handset as well as the IMEI number).
- In the case of a repair the complete box and accessories is to be returned to PhoneFast together with the handset.
- Customer must enter a detailed fault description.
- Handsets found to have liquid or physical damage, blacklisted handsets, or faulty handsets because of unauthorized repair will have the warranty voided immediately.
- In the case of the above the phone will be returned to the customer un-repaired and the customer will be held liable for the cost and payment of handling fee charged by the repair centre.
- Incomplete details on the repairs book-in form will result in the request being declined.
- All handset repairs will be covered by a 90 day warranty.
- The repair process takes anything between 7 – 14 working days depending on the nature of the repair. Repairs can take up to 21 days if additional parts or spares are needed.
- Upon completion the unit will be sent back to the customer.